Salary: HK$574 per day (5 days per week, 9 hours net per day)
- secondary 5, with basic knowledge in English;
- holding valid driving licence (Hong Kong Driving Licence Class Code (1 & 2)) for at least 5 years;
- at least 1 year driving duty experience (in particular with passengers) in the past two years is an advantage.
- an Outdoor Assistant is normally required to work 45 hours per week and may be required to work shifts;
- please attach documentary proof of meeting the requirements at (A) and (B) above to the application form;
- selected candidates will be required to attend a simple trade test;
- selected candidates may be required to provide a copy of the Certificate relating to Previous Conviction under Section 75(5) of Road Traffic Ordinance (Cap 374) issued by the Hong Kong Police Force; and
- selected candidate will be arranged to take a Cross Country Vehicle driving test for the Government Driving Permit in early February 2013 and get a pass in the test.
The Outdoor Assistant will be responsible for:
- performing driving duty for conveying passengers and delivery of documents;
- cleansing and the maintenance of vehicle; and
- minor office clerical duties and general office work as directed.
Terms of Appointment: Successful candidates will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for one year with the first 3 months as the probationary period. Further renewal of contract will be subject to the candidate’s performance and the service need of OFCA.
Fringe Benefits: A gratuity may be granted if the contract is satisfactorily completed. Such gratuity, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 10% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period. Rest days, statutory holidays, annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted on terms not less favourable than the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
How to Apply: Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 6/2012)] are obtainable from the Public Enquiry Service Centre of any District Office, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's web site. Applicants should attach a separate sheet to the application form setting out their employment record, as well as a detailed account of their relevant experience and skills. Those who do not provide this separate employment record may not be considered for interview. Completed application should reach the address below on or before the closing date for application. Candidates who are selected for interview/Government Driving Permit test will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please call the telephone number indicated.
Address and Enquiry Tel: Personnel Section, Office of the Communications Authority, 29/F., Wu Chung House, 213 Queen’s Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong (2961 6364).
Closing Date for Application: 18 January 2013
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend interview.
- It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the above enquiry address.