Monthly Allowance: HK$10,500
The summer internship vacancies in the Office of the Communications Authority are open for applications. Details of the posts are set out in the Appendix.
Applicants must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region enrolled in full-time programmes offered by post-secondary institutions.
Period of Internship:
About two months commencing from June or July 2021. The period of internship would be subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
Terms & Conditions of Appointment:
Summer interns are engaged under non-civil service appointment. They are normally required to work 44 hours per week, inclusive of meal breaks.
How to Apply:
- All applicants should submit the completed Application Form with copies of (i) results of HKDSEE or equivalent examinations and qualification; and (ii) certificates of student status or academic transcripts. Those who do not provide the copies of (i) and (ii) may not be considered.
- Hong Kong students studying in local post-secondary institutions should submit the completed Application Form together with the supporting documents mentioned in (a) through the Student Affairs Offices / Career Centres of their respective institutions. Applicants who fail to follow the instruction above will not be considered.
- Students studying in non-local post-secondary institutions should send the completed Application Form together with the supporting documents mentioned in (a) by mail to the address below on or before the closing date for application (according to the postmark).
- To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to the Office of the Communications Authority and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage.
- The applied-for post number should be clearly stated in the application form.
- Each applicant of the internship programme can apply for one post only. Applicant who apply for more than one post will not be considered.
- Applicants who are not contacted within eight weeks from the closing date of application may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
- Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the Office of the Communications Authority may devise shortlisting criteria/ conduct a skill test to select the better qualified candidates for further processing.
- It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will not be subject to further shortlisting criteria.
Personnel Registry, Office of the Communications Authority, 20/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong
If you have any enquiries, please contact Mr TANG or Ms AU-YEUNG at 2961 6522.
Closing Date for Applications:
For Post 1 – 2: 14 April 2021
For Post 3 – 4: 28 April 2021