Attention: Application for the below Non-civil Service Vacancy was closed on 27 September 2022. The recruitment advertisement below is FOR REFERENCE ONLY.
Information Technology Officer (Infrastructure) (Non-Civil Service Vacancy)
Starting Salary Range: HK$34,100 - $37,100 per month, depending on qualifications and experience
(a) Candidates [See Note (1)] should have –
(b) Candidates should be customer-oriented, able to perform under pressure, willing to work after office hours and occasionally working on an on-call basis as required.
- a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT) or related discipline from a university in Hong Kong, or equivalent;
- met the language proficiency requirements of 'Level 2' [See Note (2)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent;
- at least 4 years' relevant post-qualification full-time IT working experience, preferably with at least 1 year in a similar post or in a comparable capacity;
- at least 3 years' full-time hands-on experience in two or more of the following areas –
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019/2022, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Microsoft Distributed File System.
- Administration of VMWare ESXi, relational database management systems (RDBMS) (e.g. Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server) and Linux (e.g. Red Hat, Oracle, Ubuntu).
- Management of sizable computer networks (e.g. network planning, Cisco router and switch configuration, security management, resilience configuration).
- Provision of helpdesk support in large organisations with Windows file servers and over 200 networked PCs.
(c) Preference will be given to candidates who are holders of the following certificates or equivalent –
(d) Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in using the following technologies/products –
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate/Engineer of Windows Server
- Azure Administrator Associate / Azure Solutions Architect Expert
- VMWare Certified Technical Associate/Professional
- Oracle Certified Professional, MySQL 8.0 Database Administrator Certification
- Oracle Database Administration Certified Professional
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator/Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Associate/Professional
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- Windows 10/11, Windows Server 2016/2019/2022, Microsoft Hyper-V, Microsoft Distributed File System, Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows Group Policy, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services, BitLocker, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8, Oracle Linux 7/8, Ubuntu, VMWare ESXi 7, Oracle VM 3.4
- Oracle 12c/19c, MySQL 8, Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Microsoft IIS, Apache Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Wildfly, Oracle WebLogic
- Domino R9, Notes Traveler, ExtraFax for Domino, LotusScript, conpal LANCrypt, endpoint security software, anti-malware software, anti-spam appliance, Veritas Backup Exec, ARCserve Backup, Avaya IP-PBX, iPhone/iPad, mobile device management system
- Firewall, Wi-Fi equipment, BGP, Ethernet, SSL VPN, network load balancer, network monitoring/management tools, content delivery network
Information Technology Officer (Infrastructure) will be mainly responsible for –
- administering and maintaining various office automation systems, Windows file servers, Active Directory, VM servers, IP telephony systems, RDBMS, web servers, inventory systems and computer network infrastructure;
- administering IT helpdesk for local and remote users;
- managing projects;
- providing IT support and training to users; and
- performing other IT-related duties as and when required.
- Applicants should have met the entry requirements on or before the closing date for application.
- For non-civil service appointment purpose, 'Grade E' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to 'Level 2' respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- Candidates will be required to attend a selection interview cum written test. Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, OFCA may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidates will be appointed on two-year non-civil service contract (NCSC) terms. Further renewal of contract will be subject to the candidate's performance and service needs.
- A gratuity may be granted if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) Scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will add up to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
- Rest days, statutory holidays, annual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave and sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance.
How to Apply:
Application forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centre of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (https://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed application forms submitted by post should reach the contact address below on or before 27 September 2022, together with copies of (i) results of HKDSEE/HKCEE or equivalent examinations and qualification [See Note (2)]; and (ii) official transcripts and certificates of academic and professional qualifications obtained from institutions. Applicants should also provide a detailed account of their relevant experience in a prescribed Supplementary Information Sheet which can be downloaded from the OFCA webpage at https://www.ofca.gov.hk/en/about_us/job/index.html. Please specify on the envelope "Application for the post of Information Technology Officer (Infrastructure)". To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to OFCA and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage. The postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as date of submission of application.
Applicants may also apply online through the Civil Service Bureau's website (https://www.csb.gov.hk). For applicants who apply on-line, they should submit copies of the required supporting documents and the Supplementary Information Sheet by post to the contact address below or send the scanned copies of the above to the e-mail address (
) on or before 4 October 2022. The on-line application number should be quoted in the email or on the envelope and every page of the copies of supporting documents and the Supplementary Information Sheet.
Applications which are late or incomplete, or not made in the prescribed form [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)], or submitted by fax or e-mail, or applications without attaching or with late submission of copies of the required supporting documents and the Supplementary Information Sheet after the specified deadline, may NOT be considered.
Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Candidates who are selected for written test and/or selection interview will normally receive an invitation (by email or by post) in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for written test and/or selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Address and Enquiry Telephone: Personnel Registry, Office of the Communications Authority, 29/F, Wu Chung House, 213 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong (Tel: 2961 6719 or 2961 6522)
Closing Date for Application: 27 September 2022
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise;
- As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race;
- Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service;
- The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made;
- Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, OFCA may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend written test and/or selection interview;
- It is Government policy to place people with disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the written test and/or selection interview without being subject to any additional shortlisting criteria. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at https://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.; and
- Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates on or before 4 October 2022 by mail or email to the above address. Candidates who apply on-line should quote the on-line application number on the envelope and every page of the copies of supporting documents.